Innovation Program lead
- Innovation Program lead Quantitative
- Innovation Program lead Qualitative
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
Nike does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. We are a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries, and push out the edges of what can be. We’re looking for people who can grow, think, dream, and create. We thrive in a culture that embraces diversity and rewards imagination. We seek achievers, leaders, and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about bringing what you have to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Nike is a technology company. From our flagship website and five-star mobile apps to developing products, managing big data, and providing leading-edge engineering and systems support, our teams at NIKE Global Technology exist to revolutionize the future at the confluence of tech and sport. We invest and develop advances in technology and employ the most creative people in the world, and then give them the support to constantly innovate, iterate, and serve consumers more directly and personally. Our teams are innovative, diverse, multidisciplinary, and collaborative, taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it.
Nike’s Technology Innovation Office (TIO) is focused on unleashing the power of technology, innovation, and talent to help redefine Nike for the next decade. Embedded in Nike’s Global Technology team, the Technology Innovation Office works across all of Nike and weaves together business and technology dreams, supports world-class products and innovation, and relentlessly delivers new capabilities to achieve Nike’s long term vision and strategies.
The Innovation Program Lead will work as part of the Global Tech Innovation office, based in the European HeadQuarters in Hilversum, Netherlands.
The Tech Innovation office is a new team that sits with Technology, with the key mission to fearlessly drive and deliver on new innovation and concepts for Nike. The team has a leading role in Innovation Discovery, Design of new concepts, Partnerships and Innovation Eco system mgmt.
As Innovation Program lead you will report to the Market Validation expert, playing two key roles. The first is designing and managing the experimentation in the marketplace. Focused on designing hypothesizes and organizing how those can be validated using a range of different techniques. The second, is analyzing data and feedback to report back on the experiment but also plan the next iteration of testing.
For this role, we seek an innovative problem solver, a collaborative team player, and a skilled program mgr who can rise to solving big, complex problems with Nike. You are driven by curiosity and passionate about user-centered experience design and able to handle both high-level vision and detail-focused execution.
You get nervous if you’re not always searching for outcomes or looking for the next iterative test that will help you learn faster. Your focus is on the consumer need, whilst also constantly in orchestrating complex programs to help you get more data and insights.
You’re a great communicator. You have the communication skills to help set up frameworks and brainstorm initial testing approaches. You also have the ability to mentor others to deliver work and make strategy come to life.
You have a people-focused design mentality. Even though you have incredible instincts, you make validated and data-driven decisions through research of designing A/B Tests.
What you’ll do
- Rapidly validate and report back learnings to the team, on a multitude of concepts in varying stages of innovation; from validating market insights and consumer needs, to testing low fi sketches, mvp’s and pilots
- Kick off multiple validation programs fast, pivot with each along the way if needed
- Apply validation tools from our toolbox, like running local focus groups with Nike athletes in key cities, online tools like usertesting.com, or testing protypes in physical stores, depending on the need of the program
- Manage dependencies with stakeholders
- Maintain strong relations with key teams within Nike, key store managers, and third party suppliers of validation tools
- Be creative and flexible in your process within the complexity of an international enterprise
- Research and add new tools to the validation toolbox when your program requires this
- Comfortable with data informed decision making and reporting
- Key player in the team meeting where we review and apply all learnings in programs to re-assess the innovation backlog and priorities
- Understanding the importance of strong hypotheses to run validation programs and give feedback to the team if we can do better
- Highly organized and able to handle multiple projects, timelines, and priorities with ease. At the same time, able to quickly flex and pivot due to changing circumstances that present new opportunities for Nike.
- An effective communicator who can seamlessly cross between discussing high-level vision with executives to low-level tactics with individual contributors. You are able to influence people and align efforts across the company to act as one in pursuit of a common goal.
- Communicate requirements and collaborate with the team on the briefing for your programs
- Be creative in our solutions: always think of with the simplest ways to test your hypotheses, even when we are innovating with advanced technology (team effort)
- (Optional) Become an expert informing design sprints with the learnings you gathered in your programs
- Bonus points you have the ability or aspiration to learn basic UX and prototyping – being able to change or adapt a prototype on short timeframes
- 5+ years agency, in-house or start-up design experience and interactive work
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills within the team and with partners
- An outstanding portfolio showcasing how you have applied agile, testing methodologies (A/B testing, hypothesis building)
- An excellent orchestrater to design Innovation experiments and report out on findings
- A passion for innovation and technology with a passion for consumer needs and insights
- Excellent program mgmt. skills in terms of stakeholder mgmt., program tracking and process development
- Able to function independently and in a team environment
Would you like to be part of this dynamic and international team and work with award winning brands and products? Let’s get in touch! Please send your letter of motivation and your resume to Kristella Hak at email@example.com. Or for more information call: +31 (0)35 – 747 07 47.