Nike Innovation Ecosystem & Partnerships
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
Nike does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. We are a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries, and push out the edges of what can be. We’re looking for people who can grow, think, dream, and create. We thrive in a culture that embraces diversity and rewards imagination. We seek achievers, leaders, and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about bringing what you have to a challenging and constantly evolving game. Nike is a technology company. From our flagship website and five-star mobile apps to developing products, managing big data, and providing leading-edge engineering and systems support, our teams at Nike Global Technology exist to revolutionize the future at the confluence of tech and sport. We invest and develop advances in technology and employ the most creative people in the world, and then give them the support to constantly innovate, iterate, and serve consumers more directly and personally. Our teams are innovative, diverse, multidisciplinary, and collaborative, taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it. Nike’s Technology Innovation Office (TIO) is focused on unleashing the power of technology, innovation, and talent to help redefine Nike for the next decade. Embedded in Nike’s Global Technology team, the Technology Innovation Office works across all of Nike and weaves together business and technology dreams, supports world-class products and innovation, and relentlessly delivers new capabilities to achieve Nike’s long term vision and strategies.
We are looking for a Innovation Partnerships lead. Reporting to the lead of Innovation in EMEA (Europes Headquarters). You will lead cutting-edge innovation practices in sourcing and executing complex innovation partnerships while championing a culture of innovation throughout the Nike enterprise to drive a coordinated innovation strategy and roadmap. In your role, you will work with cross functional teams such as Procurement, Business functions, Technology and Strategy to create best-in-class technology innovation sourcing opportunities for potential acquisitions, acqui-hires, licensing, or co-innovation opportunities. You will be responsible for defining the tools and processes for ingesting, defining, measuring, and publishing Innovation Partner Opportunities that feed into the TIO’s Discovery Innovation pipeline. In partnership with TIO teams and key business teams across the enterprise, you will help direct the agenda for technology innovations that result in growth opportunities and competitive advantages in the marketplace.
- Support the Global TIO Discovery Innovation Partnerships team, developing best-of-breed tools and processes to manage complex technology innovation partnerships
- Support the definition of Nike’s Start up collaboration – working on defining process and scouting opportunities with partners such as Plug and Play
- Collaborate with Business functions to look for possibilities to drive external challenges or new areas of co-innovation
- Support the definition of key artefacts relating to Intellectual property, legal and risk.
- Responsible for influencing and effectively driving decisions cross-functionally and across regions to meet the business and organizational goals.
- Develops internal and/or external partnerships that leverage resources and improve group responsiveness.
- Proactively advises business units regarding the development of new services and products that further support and strengthen the capabilities of the business unit and align with the ultimate goals and objectives of the enterprise.
- Makes significant buy/build and vendor selection decisions, specifically those that external technology innovation partnerships.
What We’re Looking For
- Strong innovation leadership with a diverse background in innovation and technology, business and marketing, partnerships, team building, cross-functional project management, effective and agile processes, and relationship management.
- 5-10+ years of end-to-end negotiation experience, including identifying, developing, and executing successful partnerships such as large-scale business deals and strategic technology relationships.
- 5-10+ years of experience working in direct-to-consumer companies with a track record of building cross-functional teams across marketing, product, design, and technology
- Demonstrable experience in building partnerships and relationship management with strong expertise in the startup ecosystem, particularly in healthcare and wellness
- Highly organized and able to handle multiple projects, timelines, and priorities with ease. At the same time, able to quickly flex and pivot due to changing circumstances that present new opportunities for Nike.
- An effective communicator who can seamlessly cross between discussing high-level vision with executives to low-level tactics with individual contributors. You are able to influence people and align efforts across the company to act as one in pursuit of a common goal.
Would you like to be part of this dynamic and international team and work with award winning brands and products? Let’s get in touch! Please send your letter of motivation and your resume to Kristella Hak at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or for more information call: +31 (0)35 – 747 07 47.