Nike Concept Designer
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
Nike does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. We are a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries, and push out the edges of what can be. We’re looking for people who can grow, think, dream, and create. We thrive in a culture that embraces diversity and rewards imagination. We seek achievers, leaders, and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about bringing what you have to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Nike is a technology company. From our flagship website and five-star mobile apps to developing products, managing big data, and providing leading-edge engineering and systems support, our teams at Nike Global Technology exist to revolutionize the future at the confluence of tech and sport. We invest and develop advances in technology and employ the most creative people in the world, and then give them the support to constantly innovate, iterate, and serve consumers more directly and personally. Our teams are innovative, diverse, multidisciplinary, and collaborative, taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it.
Nike’s Technology Innovation Office (TIO) is focused on unleashing the power of technology, innovation, and talent to help redefine Nike for the next decade. Embedded in Nike’s Global Technology team, the Technology Innovation Office works across all of Nike and weaves together business and technology dreams, supports world-class products and innovation, and relentlessly delivers new capabilities to achieve Nike’s long term vision and strategies.
Within TIO we are looking for a Concept Designer who will work closely with the Global team, but will sit within the European HeadQuarters group. In this role, the Concept designer will be responsible for translating key Innovation themes into exciting, value propositions. They will also be responsible for looking at new opportunities to grow the current Nike business, whilst looking at new and innovative ways of building new, future business models.
- Work on projects that push the boundaries of technology
- Fall in love with the problem, not the solution
- Embrace ambiguity
- Draw inspiration from unexpected places and apply insights from disparate fields
What you’ll do
Design (imagination, design skills, product roadmapping)
- Create work that resonates as desirable, feasible, and viable. Concept designers sit right in that sweet spot – creating products and services that bring together all 3 aspects.
- Concepting means vision development on possible futures markets, behaviours and products and services. You translate these into tangible product concepts that are conveyed through wireframes, user journeys and mockups
- Bridge the gap between research insights and tangible concepts
- Experienced in human-centered innovation, with interest in rapid digital prototyping
- Discovery-driven approach while designing concepts to learn, build, and test businesses as prototypes.
- Can create frameworks such as customer journeys, service blueprints or ecosystem maps based on inputs from research
- Excellent UX and Design skills to be able to mock up prototypes, experienced with Figma and Adobe design tools
Integrative thinking (analytical / strategic / systems thinker)
- Know how to read trends and understand changing user needs to generate hypotheses about high-value opportunities, making a case for new products and services
- Identify bottlenecks/key problems in ambiguous and complex environments; ideate creative and efficient solutions
- Understands goals, business requirements and constraints, market opportunities and user needs to help define opportunity areas and product / experience requirements
- Articulate the product-market fit and advocate our end user pain points in the context of their needs and aspirations
- Understand the goals, business requirements and constraints for the project
- Design and facilitate workshop activities to engage the client team in the creative process
- Inspire multidisciplinary project teams to deliver IDEO’s best work
- Use business and the marketplace as a design medium to inspire our teams, our community, and our clients
- 5+ years agency, in house or startup design experience and interactive work
- Excellent visual/ UX design skills, experienced with Figma and Adobe design tools
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills within the team and with partners
- An outstanding portfolio showcasing how you have applied Design thinking, Concept design and business development
- An excellent orchestrater to design Innovation experiments and report out on findings
- A passion for innovation and technology with a passion for consumer needs and insights
- Able to function independently and in a team environment
Would you like to be part of this dynamic and international team and work with award winning brands and products? Let’s get in touch! Please send your letter of motivation and your resume to Kristella Hak at email@example.com. Or for more information call: +31 (0)35 – 747 07 47.